One thing that any visitor soon picks up when walking around the St. James’ School campus is what a happy learning environment it is. We are lucky to have many teachers with years of experience, and we are equally fortunate to be able to attract young teachers who often add new ideas to the highly successful practices we have established in the classroom. Both are more than welcome at St. James’.
Our teachers are well qualified in their specific subjects and are also enthusiastic about teaching. St. James’ teachers are encouraged to explore modern methodology and to adopt it when appropriate.
As part of our commitment to safeguarding, all successful applicants (whether on a permanent or temporary, part-time or full-time or voluntary basis) will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.
St. James’ School
Independent Co-educational, day and boarding for 2-18
A Woodard School
St. James’ School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Applications will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post including checks with past employers and the Disclosure & Barring Service.
HOST FAMILIES REQUIRED TO CARE FOR OUR BOARDING STUDENTS DURING WEEKEND BREAKS AND HALF TERMS
Please get in touch if you have any spare rooms in your house and would be willing to offer a place to stay for our International Students who need places to stay during 2 weekends each term and the half term holidays.
What do our students need??
- A room of their own; or to share with another St. James’ Student
- Suitable bathroom facility, this does not have to be separate to your bathroom, but does need to be lockable
- 3 meals a day
- Wifi, as this is the only way that they can contact their family
Requirements to become a Host family
- All hosts much have an annual gas safety check completed by registered plumber (this costs approximately £30)
- All Host family members over the age of 16 will require a fully enhanced DBS check
- All hosts families will be subject to an annual house visit, to be undertaken by a member of school staff
Host families receive £25 per pupil per night. If you would like any further details please contact email@example.com