School Bus Driver
We are seeking a careful and responsible School Bus Driver with a polite, cheerful, and positive attitude at our school in Grimsby.
About St James School
At St. James’, happiness and pupil wellbeing comes first. These are the strong foundations on which to build our future, and from which examination grades naturally flow. Proud of our long history and tradition, but not rooted in the past, St. James’ is confidently looking forward, aiming to develop agile, creative thinkers. Pupils who are ‘future proofed’ against an ever-changing world.
About the position
The successful candidate will provide a friendly transport service for our pupils on our designated daily routes and to various off-site events. You will ensure our school vehicles are well-maintained, fuelled, cleaned, and checked. You will have experience in dealing with children and it is essential that you have a full, clean driving licence with D1 status and a Driver Certificate of Professional Competence (CPC).
- Drive the bus in a safe manner and in compliance with the highway regulations.
- Be responsible for the health and safety, comfort and welfare of pupils and staff.
- Carry out efficient daily and weekly vehicle checks, including fire precautions to ensure the vehicle is roadworthy.
- Refuel vehicles as required and log all receipts.
- To work to pre-planned schedules and complete any record of work, record of driving and accident reports that may be required by law, the School, the ‘Code of Practice’ or procedures manual.
- Undertake any other associated duties as required by the Head.
- You will hold a full and clean UK Drivers Licence with D1 entitlement
- You will be a confident driver with a minimum of three years driving experience
- A friendly and confident personality with a commitment to providing high quality customer service.
- Well presented with excellent verbal communication skills.
- Have a strong sense of self-awareness and be willing to learn.
- Possess a positive attitude and approach to change and development.
- Dedicated to ensuring the safeguarding of children and young people.
- Willingness to learn new skills and acquire new areas of knowledge, committing to personal continuous development.
- Ability to work occasional weekends or out of hours for events such as open days.
Job Types: Part-Time, Permanent
Working Hours: Monday - Friday, 16:00-18:00, Term time only (36 weeks)
Salary: From £10.15 per hour
Start Date: Immediate Start
How to Apply
St James School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Applicants for all jobs will undergo appropriate child-protection screening including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check to enhanced level, costs covered by the company.