School Minibus Driver
We are currently looking for a School Minibus Driver to join our team in Grimsby.
This is a great opportunity for applicants who are looking to start a rewarding career within education.
School Minibus Driver
About St James
Education in its purist form is about unlocking potential. Releasing character. Achieving dreams. Education is a never-ending journey. Some children charge, some skip, and some stroll. Others need a hand to hold. Not everyone begins this journey from the same place, but at St. James’ our philosophy focusses on the excellence within each and every child and their pursuit of self-fulfilment.
At St. James’, happiness and pupil wellbeing comes first. These are the strong foundations on which to build our future, and from which examination grades naturally flow. Proud of our long history and tradition, but not rooted in the past, St. James’ is confidently looking forward, aiming to develop agile, creative thinkers. Pupils who are ‘future proofed’ against an ever-changing world.
About the Position
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Drive the School Bus, in a safe manner and in compliance with the highway regulations
- Carry out efficient daily and weekly vehicle checks, including fire precautions to ensure the vehicle is roadworthy
- Part of this role will involve safeguarding responsibilities including the reporting of any safeguarding concerns to the Designated Safeguarding Team
As this position requires you to drive the school bus, it is important you hold a Full and Clean UK Drivers Licence with D1 entitlement. We are also looking for someone who:
- Has driving experience, with D1 license
- Has basic DIY skills and in-depth understanding of maintenance procedures
- Has strong problem-solving skills for addressing safety and maintenance concerns
- Is organised, good at multi-tasking and scheduling
Contract: Monday to Friday, Permanent, Term Time only, 20 hours per week, 12:00-16:00
Benefits: Wellness Programme, Company Pension, Life Assurance
Salary: £9.50 per hour
Application Closing Date: 23rd May 2022
To find out more about this role, please read the Job Description.
How to Apply
St James is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Applicants for ALL jobs will undergo appropriate child-protection screening including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check to enhanced level, costs are covered by the company. This role is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and the Amendments to the Exceptions Order 1975, 2013 and 2020.