We are looking for a Maths Teacher to join and support our friendly school team at St. James’ School in Grimsby.
About St. James’ School
Education in its purist form is about unlocking potential. Releasing character. Achieving dreams. Education is a never-ending journey. Some children charge, some skip, and some stroll. Others need a hand to hold. Not everyone begins this journey from the same place, but at St. James’ our philosophy focusses on the excellence within each and every child and their pursuit of self-fulfilment. At St. James’, happiness and pupil wellbeing comes first. These are the strong foundations on which to build our future, and from which examination grades naturally flow. Proud of our long history and tradition, but not rooted in the past, St. James’ is confidently looking forward, aiming to develop agile, creative thinkers. Pupils who are ‘future proofed’ against an ever-changing world.
About the Position
- To deliver an appropriately broad, balanced, relevant, and differentiated curriculum for students and support a designated curriculum area.
- To facilitate and encourage a learning experience which provides students with the opportunity to achieve their individual potential
- To contribute to raising standards of student attainment
- To set high expectations for pupils' behaviour, establishing and maintaining a good standard of discipline.
- To ensure that the current requirements of examination boards are met.
- To contribute to the extra-curricular timetable and duties of the Senior Department as directed by SMT.
- To take at least two after school clubs per week.
- Part of this role will involve safeguarding responsibilities including the reporting of any safeguarding concerns to the Designated Safeguarding Team
- To be a specialist in the subject with the ability to teach KS3, GCSE / IGCE and A-Level. Currently the school follows the OCR specification, therefore the successful candidate will have to be capable of teaching Pure Maths, Mechanics and Statistics.
- Excellent classroom practitioner who can lead by example.
- A passion for education and an awareness of wider educational issues.
- Excellent organisation skills with the proven ability to see things through to completion.
- Excellent interpersonal skills necessary to sustain effective relationships on behalf of the School, both internally and externally.
- An ability to relate well to children and young adults and to recognise and respond to their varying educational and pastoral needs.
- To embrace the school’s vision in day-to-day practice and model the behaviours and values expected of others.
- Discretion and the ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Proactively contribute to the school in areas such as clubs, trips and learning outside of the classroom.
Contract Type: Full Time, Term Time
Working Pattern: Monday to Friday
Salary: Commensurate on experience
Closing Date: 16th May 2022
Benefits: Wellness Programme, Company Pension, Life Assurance
Immediate start available
To find out more about this role, please read our Job Description.
How To Apply
St James’ School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Applicants for ALL jobs will undergo appropriate child-protection screening including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check to enhanced level, costs are covered by the company. This role is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and the Amendments to the Exceptions Order 1975, 2013 and 2020.