We are looking for a passionate Boarding Assistant to join and support our friendly school team at St James’ School in Grimsby!
About St James’ School
Education in its purist form is about unlocking potential. Releasing character. Achieving dreams. Education is a never-ending journey. Some children charge, some skip, and some stroll. Others need a hand to hold. Not everyone begins this journey from the same place, but at St. James’ our philosophy focusses on the excellence within each and every child and their pursuit of self-fulfilment.
At St. James’, happiness and pupil wellbeing comes first. These are the strong foundations on which to build our future, and from which examination grades naturally flow. Proud of our long history and tradition, but not rooted in the past, St. James’ is confidently looking forward, aiming to develop agile, creative thinkers. Pupils who are ‘future proofed’ against an ever-changing world.
About The Position
Contract Type: Part Time, Term Time Only
Working Pattern: 20 Hours Per Week, Flexible between Monday to Sunday
Salary: Commensurate on experience
Benefits: Wellness Programme, Company Pension, Life Assurance, Onsite parking
Application Closing Date: 15th August 2022
Start Date : September 2022
The Boarding Assistant will be responsible for :
- Supervising boarders in their day-to-day routine, offering help and advice when needed (a sense of humour is essential).
- Being a support in the running of the Boarding Houses.
- Keeping a particular eye on the younger boarders, supervising homework, running activities, ensuring that they are in bed on time.
- Helping the Houseparent’s at the weekends with a range of activities and outings.
- Keeping track of boarders’ birthdays and ensuring a card is prepared in time and signed by the boarding community.
- Waking boarders in the morning and ensuring they are in bed on time.
- Boarding House checks, looking for maintenance issues and reporting to the houseparent on duty.
- Assisting with the collection of half term and end of term travel arrangements.
- Part of this role will involve safeguarding responsibilities including the reporting of any safeguarding concerns to the Designated Safeguarding Team
You will have:
- A passion for education and an awareness of wider educational issues.
- Excellent organisation skills with the proven ability to see things through to completion.
- Excellent interpersonal skills necessary to sustain effective relationships on behalf of the School, both internally and externally.
- An ability to relate well to children and young adults and to recognise and respond to their varying educational and pastoral needs.
- To embrace the school’s vision in day-to-day practice and model the behaviours and values expected of others.
- Discretion and the ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Proactively contribute to the school in areas such as clubs, trips and learning outside of the classroom.
To find out more about this role, please read our Job Description.
How To Apply
To apply, please fill out our Application Form and return this to firstname.lastname@example.org along with your CV.
St James’ School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Applicants for ALL jobs will undergo appropriate child-protection screening including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check to enhanced level, costs are covered by the company. This role is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and the Amendments to the Exceptions Order 1975, 2013 and 2020.